Everything Will Be Illuminated

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"You Didn't Do the Right Thing"

Just a quick note before I go get Melanie at the airport...I was just looking at Erin's, one of the JSCers in Mumbai, pictures of a Jewish wedding there. Lina, who I share my office with, looked over my shoulder and asked what those were pictures of. I explained, and she said, "OOO, you could have gone to India!? Mollie, you should have gone to India. Its much more interesting there than it is here. Can you go there next year? After your year here is up?" I said no, I want to go back to the US. She said, "Why? You already know all about the US and you can live there for the rest of your life. Better to go to India where it is interesting. Why didn't you go there in the first place?" I told here I chose Ukraine, that hear I can speak Russian. She said, "But you already know Russian. In India you can learn another language." I was laughing, she walked away muttering, "You didn't do the right thing Mollie. Should have gone to India."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home