Everything Will Be Illuminated

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Seasonal Affective Disorder?

Today I saw the sun for about 2 minutes from the inside of a bus. It made me ridiculously happy. It was the first time I've seen the sun in over a week. I am wondering if I am developing Seasonal Affective Disorder...according to this website: http://www.ncpamd.com/seasonal.htm, the typical symptoms of SAD include depression, lack of energy, increased need for sleep, a craving for sweets and weight gain....sounds like me! Hey Josh B, Brian and Mirs, did those lights end up working? Should I get one? One of my friends here is going to start going tanning regularly, a tactic some of my friends tried in Russia as well...I would but I am afraid I will get a sun burn...

So yes, it is very gray here. But so far, not that cold. Its been high 40s, 50s even, but grey grey grey and rainy. Gross. I am ready for it to just snow. I also bought some fabulous fur lined wedge heeled winter boots. Here, all of the winter boots are cute, because you have to wear them. Good luck finding good looking winter boots at home, fur lined no less!

In other news, I seem to have picked up a recurring stomach bug...I've had a very angry stomach twice in the past couple weeks...we're thinking if I have a third episode I get to take a trip to the American clinic...Where I might also be able to get a flu shot. Though when I asked my director, who is Israeli, and a couple of Ukrainian women who work at JDC here if they thought I should get a flu shot and where I could get one, they all looked at my like I was an insane person from another planet...I am. It's called America.

Its impossible to know what it was that made me sick, if it was indeed something I ate...b/c everything here is questionable. I'm thinking that I was sick Monday morning from the ice that was in my drink at the CRAZY Mexico Party I went to at a club on Sunday night as part of the Euro Party series the club hosts...even though Mexico is not in Europe. It was hilarious. There was Corona, and dancers in Corona unitards and sumbreros, a Corona balloon drop all over the dance floor, constant confetti, and the Mexican Ambassador to Ukraine was there. Dancing. I got pictures don't worry.

Melanie, my program director from New York is coming tomorrow! I love visitors.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyson Fieldman said...

Ice?! What's that?

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home